Hailing from Nashville, with firm Southern roots, Carrie is a Wisconsin-based artist rediscovering her art after the "in-between" years - those years between garnering an MFA, setting out to start the world on fire - and raising/supporting a family along with a menagerie of dogs, cats and horses in tow. After 30+ years as a creative director in advertising, creating and producing commercials, Carrie has returned to what she knows: Art. Art of the horse. Art of the dog. Finding a balance between contemporary compositions, and traditional painting. Balancing draftsmanship, with character. Capturing that moment in time when the subject defines his personality. Capturing the light to tell the story. Taking the time to form the nuanced beauty that is the individual in a timeless painting. It's a privilege to be able to do, what she loves to do.
Signature Member, Society of Animal Artists
Associate Member, Oil Painters of America
Associate Member, American Women Artists
Member, AAEA (American Academy of Equine Art)
2017 - Southwest Art Magazine - October Issue
- 11 Women Painters to Watch
2017 - Society of Animal Artists 2017 57th Annual Exhibition
- "Study in Black on Greys"
2017 - Oil Painters of America - 2017 26th National Juried Exhibition
- "Between Chukkers"
2017 - AAEA 2017 Spring Juried Competition
- "Between Chukkers" - Award of Merit - Painting
- "Paris, on the Rise"
2017 - Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine
- Today's Masters - "The Timeless Appeal of Horses" - March/April Issue
- ARC Salon Competition Section - Finalist - Animal Category
- The Timeless Appeal of Horses - April Issue
2017 - American Art Collector Magazine
- Oil Painters of America - May 2017 Issue - "Classic and Contemporary" - The Oil Painters of America 26th National Juried Exhibition - Art Show Preview
2016 - Chronicle of the Horse - Art Gallery Feature - Vol 79_no7_March 21 & 28_Horse Show Issue
2016 - Southwest Art Magazine - Juror's Choice
2016 - Signature Member, Society of Animal Artists
2016 - Top Finalist - 2016 Equus Film Festival Art Competition
- "Just the Wind"
2016 - AAEA 2016 Fall Juried Competition
- "Looking Ahead" - AAEA Sporting Art Award
- "Waiting to Go"
2016 - Art Renewal Center International Salon Competition
- Finalist - Animal Category - "Study in Black on Greys"
- Finalist - Animal Category - "Gyps in Her Red Collar"
2015 - Art Renewal Center International Salon Competition
- 2nd Place - Animal Category - "It's Just the Wind" - ARC International Salon Competition
- Painting exhibited at the MEAM (European Museum of Modern Art), Barcelona, Spain
- Salmagundi Club in New York
- Finalist - Animal Category - "Paris, on the Rise" - ARC International Salon Competition
2015 - Artist's Magazine 32nd Annual Art Competition
- Finalist - Animal/Wildlife Category- "Study in Black on Greys"
2015 - AAEA (American Academy of Equine Art) Fall 2015 Juried Competition
- "Study in Black on Greys" - AAEA Sporting Art Award, Popular Choice Award
- "It's Just the Wind"
2015 - "Carrie Nygren: Return to Naturalism" - Article, Nashville Arts Magazine, July Issue
2015 - Associate Member - Oil Painters of America
2015 - Associate Member - Institute of Equine Artists
© 2018 Carrie Nygren. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice.